Léon Pamphile LeMay - Poet
- Well known poet in Québec where he wrote poems and prose.
- The oldest of Leon LeMay, a farmer and shop keeper from Lotbinière,
- Born on 5 Jan 1837, he was sent to primary school in Trois Rivières
and them moved to the Séminaire de Québec.
- After living for a while in New England, he came back to Sherbrooke.
Not liking his work, he went to Québec for a law degree.
- He then became librarian at the Legislative library from 1867 to
- He had 12 children and died in 1918.
- See also http://www.famille-lemay.com/Pamphile2.htm
November 30, 2003